Quick Thoughts about the Emmys August 30, 2010Posted by Mitch Kayak in Uncategorized.
Well the Emmys happened last night. Not sure why I watched, wait no I’m pretty sure it was because my wife forced me to watch the pre show and we were mesmerized by the train wreck and watched the whole thing. Below are a few just quick thoughts I had before my brain melted:
– Not sure who is worse, Billy Bush or Ryan Seacrest. They both seem to think they are insightful and funny yet come off as creepy and borderline racist most of the time.
– I still don’t get why Glee is popular. I’ve tried to watch an entire episode. It isn’t funny and mostly keeps you watching by tapping into the nostalgia of old 80’s songs. What am I missing?
– I hate Jimmy Fallon and I’m not sure why. He tries hard and sometimes can come up with a good joke. Is it just because he was so terrible on SNL and ruined every skit he was in with his uncontrolled laughing? Yes, that is probably it.
– Conan should have won the Emmy. Not just because he deserved it, but because I’m sure his speech would have been amazingly epic. Damn you NBC.
– Speaking of NBC, all their new fall shows look god awful. Jesus. Not surprised, they are the people who gave Jay Leno an hour of prime time 5 days a week.
– Ricky Gervais probably got the biggest laugh of the night out of me. Can’t we just let him host every award show? Preferably drunk.
– As for the actual awards, meh. I’m glad Mad Men won and I’m a little annoyed Lost got snubbed completely in their last season. Besides that all I learned was that the voters really love movies about autistic people. Noted.